Western Canada Section |
2015 Scholarship Applications now being accepted. Application deadline is July 31, 2015.
Since 1995, the West Canada Section of the Ninety-Nines is offering a $1,500 scholarship to help a female advance in her flight training, education, or pilot career.
West Canada Section Scholarship Requirements:
1. The applicant must be a woman who resides in Western Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon and Northwest Territories). She must be a person in good standing in the community.
2. She agrees to complete the training or project for which this award is given, within the time period of 18 months from the time the funds are awarded. She also agrees to provide progress reports to the Scholarship Award Committee every six months, and a final report upon completion of the training or project as described in her application.
3. She shall submit one complete copy of her application; including photocopies of educational background materials.
Categories for Scholarship:
An applicant may apply for a scholarship in one of the following categories:
- Advancement of flight training:
This category is for an applicant who wishes to advance her flying capabilities toward a career in aviation. She must possess the minimum of a valid private pilot license at the time this application is made.
- Education or research project:
An applicant may choose to do an education or research project which will investigate or promote the advancement of women in aviation and enhance general understanding of the role of women in aviation. This project should result in the production of materials or design of a program, which would educate women about the possibilities and challenges of careers in aviation. This applicant is not required to have a pilot's license.
- Advancement of career in aviation-related field:
This category is for an applicant who wishes to advance her career in a non-flying but aviation-related field, such as aircraft maintenance engineer, avionics technician, aeronautics engineer, etc. This applicant is not required to have a pilot's license.
Application deadline is July 31, 2015.
Send your scholarship application to:
2015 Scholarship Award Committee
West Canada Section 99s
c/o Maryse Rajotte
2134 Lawrence Avenue
Send your questions to: email@example.com
Download Application Form
To Donate to the Scholarship Contact:
Education Trust Fund
West Canada Section of the Ninety Nines
2014 - Jenna Johannsan, Night Rating
2013 - Maya Philpott, Multi-Engine Rating
2012 - Carly St. Onge, CPL
2011 - Jennifer Musgrove, Class 3 Instructor Rating
2010 - Emily Crombez, ATPL
2009 – Lisa Klassen, CPL
2008 - Katherine Weber, CPL
2007 – Jennifer Mitchell, Night Rating
2006 – Tanis Harriot, Multi-IFR Rating
2005 – Caroline Kolasa, CPL
2004 – Heather Rosmus, Instrument Rating
2003 – Special Scholarship in Memory of Jean Marc Ranger - Kirsten Brazier, IFR Rating Renewal
2003 – Kelly Sheret, Multi-IFR Rating
2002 – Kandice Roubau
2001 – Braja Levine, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer supplies
2000 – Mazy Baker, CPL
1999 – Lynne B. Sampson, Instructor Rating
1998 – Laura Steen, CPL and Instructor Rating
1997 – Barbara Ann Williams, CPL
1996 – Bettina Jenkins, Instructor Rating